Getting Data In

Total number if indexed volume for all hosts per day

mike7860
Explorer

I would like to generate a report that'll list all the indexes and indexed volume usage for all the servers in my environment. When I am using the following expression, it is displaying incorrect info.
index=_internal group="per_index_thruput" | dedup series | table series kb | eval gb = round(kb/1024, 2) | fields - kb | rename gb as sum(GB) | addcoltotals

All the indexes are listed along with their usages, but the results do not tally with the results obtained from clicking Status -> Index activity -> Index volume. I do not want to use the results from the status tab as I am unable to do modifications like changing the usage into MB and adding totals of indexed volume usage.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

pshumate
Explorer

Quick visualization of the ingest:

earliest=-2d@d latest=-1d@d index=_internal group="per_index_thruput" | timechart per_second(kb) as " kbps" by series

and a answer to the question:

earliest=-2d@d latest=-1d@d index=_internal group="per_index_thruput"
| eval rmb = round(kb/1024, 2)
| eval rgb = round(rmb/1024, 2)
| eval mb = kb/1024
| eval gb = (kb/1024)/1024
| stats sum(kb) as "Total KB", sum(rmb) AS "Rounded MB", sum(rgb) AS "Rounded GB", sum(mb) as "Total MB", sum(gb) AS "Total GB" by series

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...