Getting Data In

Standard way to add data files to splunk forwarder in windows and linux

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

Hi all i am playing with 10 splunk forwarders.
I want to add data to splunk forwarder, i am using winscp. But it cannot be used in windows environment.

I want to know what is the standard method used by splunkers to add data files to forwarder (both linux and windows) in testing environment.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

Dart my forwarder lies in EC2.
Stefano_guid you hit the nail, thats what i wanted to know.
Thank you both for reply.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

Dart my forwarder lies in EC2.
Stefano_guid you hit the nail, thats what i wanted to know.
Thank you both for reply.

0 Karma

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

I don't know Amazon EC2 aswell, but I'm sure there's a fast way to put files on those machines. Upload via HTTP or FTP, probably.

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

I'm sorry, you mean to actually put some log files on your Splunk Forwarders? This is not a "Splunk" question. You have to ask your SysAdmin how to put files on Splunk servers. On Windows, there are various solutions like FTP, RDC with local disks sharing, NFS, etc. etc.

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are your forwarders where your data resides? Typically you would put a forwarder on the system where the data resides and then use that forward data to your splunk indexer(s).

If it is, this should http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Monitorfilesanddirectories help you out.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...