Getting Data In

Splunk FOrwarder information in the API

akrai

I need to know if my asset/ hosts/devices has splunk forwarder installed . Which API would give me that information, and what would be the column name in that API.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nabeel652
Builder

Not sure about an API but you could do a powershell script like this:

$computers = "Computer1", "Computer2", "Computer3", "Computer4"

foreach ($computer in $computers){ 
    try {
        $result = Get-Service -ComputerName $computer | where {$_.Name -like "SplunkForwarder"}
    }
    catch {
        Write-Host "Some problem occured accessing" $computer -ForegroundColor Red
    }
    if ($result -ne $null) {
        Write-Host $computer "Has Splunk Forwarder Installed" -ForegroundColor Green
    }
    $result = $null
}

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nabeel652
Builder

Not sure about an API but you could do a powershell script like this:

$computers = "Computer1", "Computer2", "Computer3", "Computer4"

foreach ($computer in $computers){ 
    try {
        $result = Get-Service -ComputerName $computer | where {$_.Name -like "SplunkForwarder"}
    }
    catch {
        Write-Host "Some problem occured accessing" $computer -ForegroundColor Red
    }
    if ($result -ne $null) {
        Write-Host $computer "Has Splunk Forwarder Installed" -ForegroundColor Green
    }
    $result = $null
}
0 Karma

akrai

Thanks for the response,, Appreciate it.. I am specifically looking for the API which can bring in the splunk forwarder information.
My usecase would be enterprise wide and would not be feasible to get a report for all the splunk forwarder information.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...