Getting Data In

Not able to install splunk universal forwarder with error code: -1073741795 in windows server 2003 std

garyma11
Explorer

Hi Support team,

When i tried to install splunk unversal forwarder in windows server 2003 std 32 bit, it occurred error "

Splunk Installer was unable to launch splunk's pre flight check. error code: -1073741795.

msi file name: splunkforwarder-6.1.3-220630-x86-release.msi

log

ERROR while running to-modular-inputs migration.

This appears to be your first time running this version of Splunk.
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\lib\splunk
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\run\splunk
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\run\splunk\appserver\i18n
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\run\splunk\appserver\modules\static\css
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\run\splunk\upload
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\spool\splunk
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\spool\dirmoncache
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\lib\splunk\authDb
        Creating: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\var\lib\splunk\hashDb
SSL certificate generation failed.
0 Karma
1 Solution

garyma11
Explorer

Hi evernyone, How to get the older version. I cant find the "older version download" section in download section. Can you provide the link to download it? Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

garyma11
Explorer

Hi evernyone, How to get the older version. I cant find the "older version download" section in download section. Can you provide the link to download it? Thanks.

0 Karma

garyma11
Explorer

Great. I can install it on Windows 2003 server 32bits.

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

garyma11
Explorer

Hi, How to get the older version. I cant find the "older version download" section in download section. Can you provide the link to download it? Thanks.

0 Karma

garyma11
Explorer

Not at all. This is the first time to install and i have run msi as an administrator mode.

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

There are some bugs in 6.1 which prevents installation in 2003 server. Go for 5.0.8 or similar.

Check out the 6.1.3 documentation.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

did you have an existing SplunkUniversalForwarder older version installed?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...