Getting Data In

Key Value Pairs with Spaces

ezajac
Path Finder

A developer made a change to the logging that they were managing. They added a new Key Value Pair and the results now have spaces ie Operation=Web Service Call: callABCService. Splunk Search is classifying this as Operation=Web. Is there a quick fix that I can make in Transforms or Props to work around this?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma

n8
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is each KV pair on a line by itself? If so you can just do something like the following:

props.conf

REPORT-bad_dev_format = kv-spaces

transforms.conf

[kv-spaces]
DELIMS = "\n","="

Otherwise paste a copy of an event and maybe we can suggest a transforms solution.

0 Karma

michaelbrunetto

Easiest way is to get the developer to quote their output. So Operation="Web Service Call: callABCService".

I have a similar problem, but with a product I can't change the logging on, so any other advice would be wonderfully helpful.

0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer

Whats the rest of the raw event look like ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...