Getting Data In

Is there a way to get a service status from a remote centos8 machine?

tazzvon
Engager

is there anyway to setup something on a dashboard that will tell me if a service on a remote centos box goes down.

I run arkime on a centos8 box and i want a dashboard in splunk that will show me the status of the services

arkimecaprute.service

arkimeviewer.service

elasticsearch.service

is this possible?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are these services regularly logging? If you ingest the logs into splunk, you can search for when each service last logged a message and use that to determine if the service is up (and logging) or not.

0 Karma

tazzvon
Engager

the only way the service logs is if i use a cron job and when i tried that i realized the UF will only forward if the log has changed which is good but not in this instance since only 1 word really changes and does not always trigger the UF to read it. This is a sort of solution but i was wondering if there was a better one out there that i was just not aware of.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...