Getting Data In

Input gzipped csv files

hypePG
Path Finder

Hey Guys,

I found a few answers regarding my question but I'm still not sure how to handle this situation.
I want to index compressed csv files which are in a *.gz format right now.

My inputs.conf for the forwarder looks like this:

[monitor:///opt/db2/*.gz]
sourcetype = db2:logs
index = db2
followTail = 0

Following the documentation here http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/Monitorfilesanddirectories#How_Splunk_Enterp... Splunk is able to index compressed files and is decompressing them while indexing. Do I understand this correctly that in this case no more configuration is needed?

The invalid_cause, unarchive_cmd and unarchive_sourcetype options in the props.conf are making me unsure about that.
If i still have to use them, do they need to be on the indexer or aswell in the forwarder app?

Thanks for getting things straight.

Regards

0 Karma

hethaishibk

For sourcetype "db2:logs" is there any configuration required.., Should we have to mention anything for index extraction

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Ditch the followTail setting and you are good-to-go. You do not need to configure the unarchiving for *.gz files; Splunk knows what to do for those.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...