Getting Data In

How to switch between Splunk Universal Fowarders?

kranthik
Explorer

Hi,

We have a production environment and disaster recovery environment, Splunk universal forwarder is installed on both environments. When production system goes down the UF on production system has to be stopped and UF on DR environment has to start and activate the data ingestion to index. Is there any possibility to set up this mechanism? If yes, how to set up or configure this mechanism?

Please let me know if any additional details are required.

Thank you,

Best regards,
KK.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Javip
Path Finder

Hi!

When you say "production system goes down" you mean the server is down and I suppose UF is also down if you enabled automatic start/stop on boot... right? I suppse you used this command to enable it: $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk enable boot-start

Then when your disaster recovery environtment goes up, your UF will start automatically.

Regards,
J.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Javip
Path Finder

Hi!

When you say "production system goes down" you mean the server is down and I suppose UF is also down if you enabled automatic start/stop on boot... right? I suppse you used this command to enable it: $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk enable boot-start

Then when your disaster recovery environtment goes up, your UF will start automatically.

Regards,
J.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...