Getting Data In

How to substitute a group of multiple lines with a single value

bkogami
Explorer

Hi,

I'm using eventgen to create sample data.

Whenever someone runs a command, the Linux audits will record the event over multiple lines.

For example, if someone uses sudo to run 'cat /etc/shadow'. The audit log will record the user's attempt to access sudo, then another line that will show the authentication status (success or failure), then the actual command, '/etc/shadow', etc...

Is there a way to set the token replacement to change the username, hostname, time, command for that event and do it, say 30 times. Each event which has multiple lines with have the same username, hostname, time and command. Then the next event will have a different username, hostname, time and command?

Thanks,

Bruce

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...