Getting Data In

How to send a dictionary or a json as an extraData with Splunk mint iOS SDK

splunkmint5

I have an iOS project where I send analytics logs.
I have a dictionary ( [String: Any] ) that I am able to send to Splunk using a JSON encoder and making HTTP request with Alamofire.

That works perfectly but that does not handle logs when the device is offline. I have read that the Splunk mint SDK handles/cache a certain amount of logs when the device is offline. I want to continue using all the dashboards I made with Splunk cloud.

I am able to send log events with the SDK but my issue is that I can only send a dictionary of type [String: String] with no sub-dictionary. I would like to send a dictionary with sub dictionaries etc of type [String: Any] like I am able to do with an HTTP request.
I am using this function: Mint.sharedInstance().logEvent(withName: "name", logLevel: InfoLogLevel, extraData: data)
Thanks for your help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...