Getting Data In

How to route the alert notification to a specific manager based on the user that triggered the alert?

mdp009

How can I route the alert notification to a specific manager based on the user that triggered the alert? The user is listed in the alert, but not the manager. There are several users on the network, and I am looking to route these alerts to the users respective managers.

Currently there is a script that is ran manually after the alert is sent that maps the manager from the listed user and then the email gets sent. I am looking to eliminate this step. It is a manual process that takes too much time.

Can this be built out in Splunk to map to the proper manager of the user and then send the manager an alert when one of their employees triggers a specific alert I am wanting.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...