Getting Data In

How to extract a specific data from raw data?

smanojkumar
Communicator

I would like to extract a specific part of data from its raw data,

The data that is to be extracted is ID, Which is highlighted,

"aepassword": "kmdAkcu)n>Ec_.a(m5P7?8-n", "aeci": { "outgoing_server": "mailrv.aaa.com", "email_footer": "C:\\ProgramData\\bbb\\AutomationNote\\Email\\aa_Mail_Footer.png", "email_header": "C:\\ProgramData\\bbb\\AutomationNote\\Email\\aa_Mail_Header.png", "signature": "C:\\ProgramData\\bbb\\Automation\\Email\\bb_Email_Signature.txt", "requires_authentication": "false", "reply-to": "us@aaa.com", "primaryaddress": "ussdev@aaa.com", "host": "ussdev@bbb.com", "entity_alternate_names": "usdev@aaa.com", "outgoing_port": "2675", "entityid": "wmid-1607548215055521", "name": "bbb_MailBox", "entitytype": "Sub-System", "entitytype": "Workplace", "technology": "O736i85", "tenantid": 1000011, "cloudprovider": "", "satellite": "sat-16107579705752592", "resourceid": null, "UDetails": { "creds": { "email": "NA" }, "id": 14, "name": "N/A" }, "encryptionKey": "5inqhg7ckj7klk2w4osk0", "user": { "id": 5, "name": "CRI Admin", "employeecode": "125", "email": "admin@aaa.com" },

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @smanojkumar,

for the third one use this:

| rex "\"aeci\".*\"name\":\s+\"(?<name>[^\"]+)\",\s+\"entitytype\":"

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/9OlAWL/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @smanojkumar,

using the spath command (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Spath) you should extract all json data in one shout!

But if you want to use regex, you could use

| rex "\"user\":\s+\{\s+\"id\":\s+(?<user_id>[^,]+)"

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/HQX97O/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

smanojkumar
Communicator

Hi @gcusello ,

Thanks for you response,

Its worked, but when I used in search that already includes more field to be extracted, I Didn't get the data, 
So my intention is to extract data from aeci, In that aeci, need to extract entityid, name and id (in aeci under user), these 3 field needs be extracted.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @smanojkumar,

are you speaking of the solution with spath or with rex?

if spath, you should have all the available fields,

if with regex, try to execute separate regexs, so to extract your three fields:

| rex "\"user\":\s+\{\s+\"id\":\s+(?<user_id>[^,]+)"
| rex "\"entityid\":\s+\"(?<entityid>[^\"]+)"

for the thirs field (name) there are three values, which one?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

smanojkumar
Communicator

Hi @gcusello ,

In the raw data, There is several entityid, id and name, So the requirement is to fetch the entityid, id(under aeci,user) and name, these 3 should be extracted from aeci, like aeci, there is several different field, that also consists those fields, So can you please help in this.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @smanojkumar,

for the third one use this:

| rex "\"aeci\".*\"name\":\s+\"(?<name>[^\"]+)\",\s+\"entitytype\":"

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/9OlAWL/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

smanojkumar
Communicator

Hi @gcusello ,

Thanks for your response, It worked.
Thank you once again!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This seems to be part of a larger JSON string. spath could be used (although I am not sure why you don't already have the fields extracted?)

| spath aeci.user.id output=id

smanojkumar
Communicator

Hi @ITWhisperer ,

Thanks for your response.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...