Getting Data In

How to Not apply cluster-bundle

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

Hi,

i am installing two new indexers for test, as test indexers they have very small disks.

As clustermember they get indexes.conf from the cluster-bundle, where _internal is set to keep logs for a year.

_internal configuration is made for my production splunk servers, how can i bypass the cluster bundle on the tests servers ?

Regards,
Edouard Alias

0 Karma

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

Hi,

believed slave apps is prioritary to system/local folder..

i thinks i'll have to let them out of cluster and use my master only as licence server ?

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

good point, I updated the answer to clarify how this could work.

Yeah, you can still point the indexers to the master as your license server.

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Ed_alias, If your cluster apps are defining indexes in default only, I believe that you could put config into $SPLUNKHOME/etc/system/local/indexes.conf to override anything the cluster master puts out, but you'll want to be very careful about this. See : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1/admin/Wheretofindtheconfigurationfiles for more info on config precedence.

Alternatively, you could not add the indexers to the cluster, and leave them as independent indexers.

Let me know if this helps! 😄

0 Karma

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

i just need a differant config for _internal index on the two indexing tests servers...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...