How do I compare field names?

gunturu_nagasri
Explorer

p.123.label - hostname 1
p.123.status - status of the server 1

p.234.label - hostname 2
p.234.status - status of the server2

... n servers list

the above mentioned 123 and 234 are dynamic.

How can the field names be compared? I need the output in the table format like each hostname and its status details respectively? Is it possible?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

Just playing 🙂

| rest splunk_server=* /services/shcluster/status |fields peers*label |transpose |table column "row 1" |rename "row 1" as label
|append [ rest splunk_server=* /services/shcluster/status | fields peers*status |transpose |table column "row 1" |rename "row 1" as status]
|rex field=column "[^\.]+.(?<id>[^\.]+)"
|stats last(label) as label last(status) as status by id

Hope i help you

View solution in original post

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

Just playing 🙂

| rest splunk_server=* /services/shcluster/status |fields peers*label |transpose |table column "row 1" |rename "row 1" as label
|append [ rest splunk_server=* /services/shcluster/status | fields peers*status |transpose |table column "row 1" |rename "row 1" as status]

Hope i help you

gunturu_nagasri
Explorer

Thanks a lot, This helped me , but i have a question i dont want results to be displayed by id. I want the results to be displayed by comparing the id value from the first search matching the id value with the second search.

Eg : Id of host = 123, Id of status = 123 then its respective Hostname and status should be displayed in tabular format.

i.e Search results of two searches should be combined by comparing the regex value.

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

But this is what it does... if you use this part:

You will see that add the to tables in one.

Then I extract the ID without .label and .status

And then with the stats I "join" both in one.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

are these single line or multi-line?
If its multi-line, is there a common field in those events?
If its multi-line, are they coming in the mentioned order ie; hostname 1, status 1 , hostname2,status etc?

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

gunturu_nagasri
Explorer
  1. I am unable to attach the screen shot here from my desktop. It is poping for a Image url. Can i know how can i directy attach the screenshot without any links.

2. It is a single line. It is not the feild value . It is the feild name. And the feild name has a comman begining and ending and in between nos are dynamic.

Query :

| rest splunk_server=* /services/shcluster/status | fields peers*label, peers*status

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...