Getting Data In

How can I create a Dashboard to display only those domain User Accounts for which the contents of a specific AD attribute has changed?

untieshoe
Path Finder

Specifically, if an AD user account attribute "employeeType" changes from "NULL" to "Contractor", how can I detect/filter for that? Ideally I'd make a Dashboard to display only the User Accounts for which that attribute changed from NULL to Contractor (or something other than NULL) over the previous week. I have Active Directory feeds already set up, so I already receive historical data (snapshots of AD) that contain the data I need (i.e. the 'before' value and 'after' value of the attribute).

0 Karma

untieshoe
Path Finder

It does not do that.
In fact, if I try only | where changedFrom!="01234567" then I end up with no results instead of the NULL results.
There are no spaces.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

instead of .. | where changedFrom!="01234567" can you try .. | search changedFrom!="01234567".

0 Karma

untieshoe
Path Finder

That yields zero results.

0 Karma

untieshoe
Path Finder

I don't know how to upload a screen shot, but I did notice this:
The events for permutations 2 and 3 have the identical time stamps. Might this be a problem?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...