Getting Data In

Grouping client

rameshlpatel
Communicator

Hi,

I have single deployment server with 15 forwarders like 5 of websphere,3 of apache server etc.

I have to add new inputs.conf and outputs.conf in app folder by using server classes. But for each server inputs.conf HOST property are different. So for this reason i have to make serverclasses for each servers. I am not able to group servers based on there type(websphere,apache etc).

So is there any way by using i can create grouping of servers ?

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Most probably you should NOT set the host in the inputs.conf files you deploy. As you've noted, that sort of defeats the purpose of having server*classes*. At installation time, the forwarder will pick up the name of the machine it's installed on and put it in /etc/system/local/inputs.conf (if I remember correctly). And the setting there should override the settings in your deployed apps anyway.

/K

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...