Getting Data In

Can you create a batch input processing using the admin interface?

tomhowe

The documentation for input directories shows how to create a batch input processor using config. Is there a way to do it using the admin interface?

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.6/Admin/Monitorfilesanddirectories

Colleague who has unix password is on holiday! I only have access to admin interface.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

tomhowe

We want to set up a new input feed from JMS. I have built a JMS->Camel(File) adaptor that spits out all messages to files in a directory. Unfortunately, at the moment we cant write the files into the $SPLUNKHOME/var/spool/splunk directory because we dont have access to the unix account. So I'm trying to set up a directory elsewhere that splunk can read these files from.

We may also want to have different files being collected for different indexes, so it makes sense to separate them in different directories.

Also, ideally we would prefer to configure this without needing unix account access.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The "Upload a local file" option I believe uploads a file and places into the batch directory for indexing. There's rarely a need (and even more rarely an emergency need) to create an entire new batch input directory. Usually you're just trying to add a file to an existing one. Is that your case?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...