Getting Data In

Can I run Splunk on a Virtual Machine in a NetLab environment to monitor traffic, Active Directory, etc?

zrheinecker8495

I will be competing in a CCDC event and was wondering if I will be able to use Splunk on a VM in a NetLab environment to monitor attacks, traffic, Active Directory, etc by the Red Team of attackers. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first time using this program so I am very green. Thanks again

Tags (3)
0 Karma

zrheinecker8495

I believe this is something that will work for what I am needing. IF you have any experience with this, please let me know. I am trying to learn as much as possible and welcome any/all input and feedback. Thanks

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MSApp/1.1.0/MSInfra/Releasenotes

0 Karma

trsavela
Path Finder

This is not a bad app at all. I was a co-presenter at Splunk LIve this year and that was one of the apps we demoed. I use the vmWare and netApp apps daily.

apps.splunk.com is a great place to look for more.

0 Karma

trsavela
Path Finder

There is a good doc to get you going on sizing, link below.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/Capacity/Referencehardware

0 Karma

zrheinecker8495

Thank you for the link. I don't believe sizing will be an issue for me. I'm starting to look into Apps and Add-ons to meet my needs. Thank you again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...