Getting Data In

Calculate duration of two different events

rishabhpatel20
Engager

I have logs which shows the job status ( Running, succeeded and failed) and all jobs have unique job id , now I want to calculate the duration it took to get failed or succeeded for each job id. Here, all jobs id would have two event first one -running and second - succeeded or failed.  How it can be done 

Splunk.PNG

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The range function should do the job.  It computes the difference between the first and last events.

index=infra_automation sourcetype=rundeck_execution
| stats range(_time) as duration, latest(status) as last_status by job_id
| sort - job_id
| eval duration = tostring(duration,"duration")
| table job_id data time last_status duration

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The range function should do the job.  It computes the difference between the first and last events.

index=infra_automation sourcetype=rundeck_execution
| stats range(_time) as duration, latest(status) as last_status by job_id
| sort - job_id
| eval duration = tostring(duration,"duration")
| table job_id data time last_status duration

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

rishabhpatel20
Engager

Thanks a lot @richgalloway .. I was trying with other options like appendcol etc but did not go through the basic one range.. 

Thank you !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...