Getting Data In

CPU Performance Monitoring in Splunk Cloud

jamie1
Communicator

Hi There,

I use a Splunk Cloud instance with Universal Forwarders installed on each server. From here I have edited the inputs.conf file to enable the [perfmon://CPU] stanza.

I am wondering if there are any out-of-the-box dashboards or recommended searches for putting this monitoring to use.

All information I have been able to find online is in regards to an EOL add-on (Splunk App for Infrastructure) or Splunk On-Premise instances (This is a problem I have faced since beginning work on Splunk, huge lack of documentation for Splunk Cloud vs On-Prem)

Thank you for any help in advance,

Jamie

Labels (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jamie1 - Here is generic guidance that will boost your Splunk journey.

• For Data collection, you should look for Add-ons on Splunkbase.
  • For dashboards, you should look for Apps on Splunkbase.
  • Generally, these Apps and add-ons work the same on On-prem vs Cloud.
    • (And that's why you don't see much difference in documentation, as there isn't much difference)

Regarding this dashboards, this is something you can try - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CPWindowsDash/latest/CP/About

But if this is just regarding CPU performance, you can also try create your own based on your requirement.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma

jamie1
Communicator

Hi There,

I appreciate the generic guidance, but it isn't really relevant to my question.

I am trying to find out how I can display CPU performance metrics, via the perfmon stanza.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear,

Jamie

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...