Getting Data In

After upgrading Splunk from 4.3.3 to 6.2.0, why did a single Universal Forwarder suddenly stop translating local SIDs to Account Names in Windows security logs?

JeremyHagan
Communicator

I have a single UniversalForwarder which has stopped translating local SIDs to account names in the Windows Security log since I upgraded it from 4.3.3 to 6.2.0. Other than that, there have been no changes. Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

The Forwarder is running Windows Server 2008 R2

0 Karma
1 Solution

JeremyHagan
Communicator

After Splunk 6.2 the setting for evt_resolve_ad_obj defaults to False when it used to be true. I changed this in my WinEventLog:Security stanza and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

JeremyHagan
Communicator

After Splunk 6.2 the setting for evt_resolve_ad_obj defaults to False when it used to be true. I changed this in my WinEventLog:Security stanza and it worked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...