Getting Data In

AWS Add on AWS-- Issue with SQS-Based S3 and cloudwatch -Errors

sarithapguptha
Engager

Hi
Can anyone help me in understanding the errors im getting in the application aws addon, i have configured the inputs and checked everything from aws, everything looks good, but im getting an errors as

sarithapguptha_0-1594103746306.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

srinikrishna

Hi, Looks like the message that is being kept by s3 bucket upon new object is having some data which splunk is not able to parse it. Usually message will contain the metadata of which s3 , what is the key information and what is the size etc. please share the message details  from sqs get message option. And also check if the messages are going to dlq if splunk is not able to parse and process, the messages will go to dlq to take the snapshot. I believe there might be some characters which splunk does not like in the s3 bucket name or object name. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...