Deployment Architecture

merge indexes.conf files

kembgeorge
Loves-to-Learn

I have a task to take a list of active Indexes and create a new configuration file entry in a merged file, using a bunch of other configuration files. taking note of bucket size and what not 

can anyone help with that?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use btool.

splunk btool --debug indexes list | grep -v "system\/default" | awk '{$1=""; print $0}' > myindexes.conf
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

kembgeorge
Loves-to-Learn

thanks very much. what exactly will that Btool command do?

I appreciate the help let me see if i can clarify it a little bit more. ok I have two indexes.conf files right with a list of indexes in them and I want to merge those indexes to a new configuration file with all the similar indexes that i would like the new config file to have 

here is an example ok 

so  Aindexes.conf  and B indexes.conf have a list of indexes (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.) and  I want to merge all those indexes to a new index called merged index I will keep their internal, audit and some other indexes. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The command collects all indexes.conf information, strips out entries from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/default, and then writes the resulting entries into a single indexes.conf file.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...