Deployment Architecture

cpu usages

4mouse

hi guys i want ask some of the value in "main" Tables, 

actually i'm tried to figure out for a some CPU Memory form a one Servers

so i tried to like below the SPL

index="main" host="MyServer"

|field _time,host,source,sourcetype,cllection,counter,instance,linecount, object,Value    -- here is the question 

so in this case, where's from the value's  low data in server?

i try to matched my servers cpu memory form the process exploroer 

but i'm not sure.... cause the wave is so fastly shaking

can you give me other advice what ever i can solve this question 

thanks 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

4mouse

i forgot is what i'm using apps... so sorry... i tried to universial forwarder apps and try to figure out it 

thanks to advice

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk on its own is "just" a data analytics platform. But if you want to analyze data you first gotta have it. Splunk can ingest data from a plethora of different sources (and has some own add-ons that can capture metrics from the servers) but we have no way of knowing what kind of data you have in your installation.

And BTW it's not a good practice to send events to the main index. If this is your first ever lab Splunk installation it can be understandable but in production it definitely shouldn't happen. You would want your indexes configured so that you can manage your data reasonably.

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

We cannot tell what data is being stored in your "main" index. You'd have to describe what type of data it is, before asking the meaning of the field values. It would be helpful to have names of apps and reporting services, and then hopefully someone in the community will have experience with it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...