Deployment Architecture

Why am I Unable to perform any operation? Previously scheduled Remove Excess Buckets is running

bhilim
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Can someone help me to check if any way to stop the scheduled excess bucket removal? Or anything that could speed up the task. 

I am trying to perform data-rebalance on the cluster and seems it is blocked by on going excess bucket removal.   

bhilim_0-1627540993984.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

You can go to Activity > Jobs > Apps: All and find the remove excess buckets job. From there you can pause or stop it.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

bhilim
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I could not see any jobs from GUI ,related to excess buckets . 

However below  steps on cluster master has fix the issue 

1) splunk enable maintenance-mode
2) splunk restart
3) splunk disable maintenance-mode

0 Karma

pashfw
Explorer

Experienced that as well, just restart of the cluster master is fixing the issue. Maintenance mode is not required in this case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...