Deployment Architecture

Visio stencils: Does anyone have experience-based hints on how to properly use the icons in visio?

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well, there's no good section for this so I'll just post it here.

I'm trying to do some drawings using the stencils from https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Community/current/community/Resources

Aaaand the don't work very well with Office365 Visio. If I pull the icon to my drawing it's either completely filled with solid colour (the default option):

PickleRick_0-1660044996320.png

Or if I change the fill to "none" and line colour to black I get a silly looking "hollow" icon.

PickleRick_1-1660045036765.png

(on both screenshots it's the same icon of multiple indexers). Fiddling with styles doesn't help much either. Oh, and by default the caption text is not visible at all.

So the question is - have you any experience-based hints on how to properly use the icons in visio?

As a side rant - who thought it would be a good idea to edit caption text by going Group->Open->Edit text?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK. Answering my own question 🙂

This thread helped me https://community.splunk.com/t5/Security/How-to-make-visio-icons-appear-correctly-in-Visio/m-p/31425...

But Visio is not very intuitive here. You'd think you can open the "shape styles" and disable the "allow themes" option. But it's not what you need to do. You actually have to switch to the Design tab and choose the "No theme" theme.

PickleRick_1-1690969200573.png

PickleRick_0-1690969158142.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...