Deployment Architecture

Forwarder is unable to download the updated app from deployment server

kamal_jagga
Contributor

Hi,

Few of our forwarders are unable to download the updated apps from deployment server. Its just showing download failed error.

HTTPClient - Error when reading from uri:
DeployedApplication - Problem downloading from uri=1.2.3.4:8089 to path='/services/streams/deployment?name=default:abc:app_name'
DeployedServerclass - name=abc Failed to download app=app_name

Not able to find any other issue, anywhere else. Would anyone be able to advise something.

Regards,
Kamal

0 Karma

jgbricker
Contributor

I’d be checking logs on the forwarder and deployer, checking firewall issues (network monitoring and firewall logs), and checking permissions on both sides. Also I usually avoid spending extra time (beyond obvious stuff ) when it comes to troubleshooting UFs and just reinstall them and let the deployer send them fresh configs.

0 Karma

kamal_jagga
Contributor

The older apps are sending data and I also manually created the app on UF and it started sending data without any issue. So, it firewall, network and permissions seem to be fine.

0 Karma

jgbricker
Contributor

I’d uninstall/reinstall the UF and if that fixes it was likely something corrupted. I’ve had a few of those here and there. Not worth banging your head too much on root cause.

0 Karma

kamal_jagga
Contributor

The number of forwarders is huge and is managed by some other team. Re-installing the UFs would be too difficult.
Is there a limit for the UFs a deployment server can handle. Will increasing the poll time be useful ?

0 Karma

kamal_jagga
Contributor

We have 1200 clients configured. Will increasing the phoneHomeIntervalInSecs make any impact.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...