Dashboards & Visualizations

long running job

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

I have written a query to generate lookup file for last 30days, which is taking  a lot of time like almost 4 hours which is high on cpu. So can is there a option to run query everyday but run only for last 24 hours and append to the same lookup file generated yesterday, so that the dashboard populates quickly with all the 30days data post comparison

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

Hello @surekhasplunk , yes that possible, like below

<your query to generate the data for last 24 hour>| outputlookup <lookup name.csv> append=true

Also, you can use summary index fir storing this data in case the lookup has a chance to get very bulky with time.

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

thanks @Nisha18789 

So in case i use summary index, i have to schedule it to run everyday for last 24hrs ?

or once in a month with last 30 days ?

Also it will impact the license usage right where as when we write to lookup file it wont affect the license usage

Please explain

0 Karma

Nisha18789
Builder

Hi @surekhasplunk , running after midnight , for previous day will be good.

Also, logging to summary index does not add to license usage as this data is already ingested in your original index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...