Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is the token in refresh property crashing Dashboard Studio?

JiveCatDaddyO

Hello friends!

I am working on a dashboard in Dashboard Studio and I would like to use a token collected from a dropdown input for the 'refresh' property in the code. However, whenever I enter the token value into the 'refresh'  property and click 'Back', the dashboard just shows a white screen and never loads again. Although the code editor accepts the code, it appears to crash the dashboard.

I am trying to use the token in the default options like so:

"defaults": {
		"dataSources": {
			"ds.search": {
				"options": {
					"queryParameters": {
						"latest": "$global_time.latest$",
						"earliest": "$global_time.earliest$"
					},
					"refresh": "$interval$",
					"refreshType": "delay"
				}
			}
		}
	},

Here's my code for the dropdown:

"input_wdjDPusg": {
			"options": {
				"items": [
					{
						"label": "1 Minute",
						"value": "1m"
					},
					{
						"label": "5 Minutes",
						"value": "5m"
					},
					{
						"label": "10 Minutes",
						"value": "10m"
					}
				],
				"token": "interval",
				"defaultValue": "1m"
			},
			"title": "Refresh Rate",
			"type": "input.dropdown"
		}

Is anyone else able to recreate this issue, or able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If it were SimpleXML, I might suggest adding an initial value to the drop down or setting the form.interval token in an init block at the top of the dashboard definition. I am not sure how you would do either of these in Studio, perhaps you can investigate 😀

0 Karma

JiveCatDaddyO

Hello! Thanks for giving this question some attention!

I thought this line would be setting the initial value?

"defaultValue": "1m"

I'll also look into whether/how init blocks may be used with Studio: if nothing else, I suppose I can recreate the dashboard in the Classic editor.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...