Dashboards & Visualizations

Using output of bucket command for new search

anapp
Explorer

My biggest problem here is probably phrasing the question 🙂

I have a search in a dashboard that buckets things into a 30day time span, displayed in a barchart

e.g.

30-60    --------------------------

60-90    ------------------------------------

120-150  -----

so that's days bucketed against a count of "things"

I'd like to setup a drill down so that the panel below shows the specific "things" in the clicked bucket.

Drill down is currently set to set a token, but obviously that token is being set to something like "90-120"

how do I utilize this in a meaningful manner? i.e. form a search where Days >= lower limit of bucket AND <= higher limit of the bucket.

Any help or hints would be appreciated 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

anapp
Explorer

Ok I have fudged it but would like to know a better way 🙂 (My bucketing is such that 90-120 is the shortest possible result)

<eval token="bucketmin">if(len($click.value$)=7, substr($click.value$, 1, 3),substr($click.value$, 1, 2))</eval>
<eval token="bucketmax">if(len($click.value$)=7, substr($click.value$, 5, 3),substr($click.value$, 4, 3))</eval>

I can then run a search against

days >=$bucketmin$ AND days <=$bucketmax$ 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

anapp
Explorer

Ok I have fudged it but would like to know a better way 🙂 (My bucketing is such that 90-120 is the shortest possible result)

<eval token="bucketmin">if(len($click.value$)=7, substr($click.value$, 1, 3),substr($click.value$, 1, 2))</eval>
<eval token="bucketmax">if(len($click.value$)=7, substr($click.value$, 5, 3),substr($click.value$, 4, 3))</eval>

I can then run a search against

days >=$bucketmin$ AND days <=$bucketmax$ 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...