Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk table: fill with previously fetched data

pshrm

I've a dashboard where one can fill the input values and hit the submit button. I execute a query and show the results in a table.
if someone clicks on a row (drilldown set on row) it opens another dashboard and show the additional information for clicked row.
Here in second dashboard, I had to execute the search query again (with tokens received from first dashboard).
Since I have all the fields from first dashboard (some fields are hidden) and I could pass them to another dashboard via setting the tokens.
Now, how can I use values of passed tokens in table of second dashboard so could avoid running the search query again.
I tried to use html table but with styling and all, i think it's an overkill for such a simple task.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma

ktugwell_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey pshrm,

If you pass the sid to the new dashboard, you can use loadjob command to retrieve the search results.

loadjob

You can access the sid by setting $job.sid$ to a token in your initial search.

<done>
            <set token="token name">$job.sid$</set>
          </done>

Have a play with it and I hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...