Dashboards & Visualizations

Single Value Button Question

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

With single value buttons, I know that you can have red, green and amber colours as standard.

How would I be able to define my own colours (purple, orange etc) for this object? E.g. I want the colour of my single value button to turn purple when a certain value range is reached.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

You need to define a CSS class for this. Best way to do this is to create a application.css file in the app of your dashboard.

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<APP>/appserver/static/application.css

Here are some sample CSS rules:

.SingleValue .purple { background-color: purple; color: white; }
.SingleValue .darkred { background-color: #CC0000; color: #FFFFFF; }

These same rules define 2 classes (purple and darkred) that can be used to color the single value element.

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

You need to define a CSS class for this. Best way to do this is to create a application.css file in the app of your dashboard.

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<APP>/appserver/static/application.css

Here are some sample CSS rules:

.SingleValue .purple { background-color: purple; color: white; }
.SingleValue .darkred { background-color: #CC0000; color: #FFFFFF; }

These same rules define 2 classes (purple and darkred) that can be used to color the single value element.

Ant1D
Motivator

Thanks again Ziegfried

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...