Dashboards & Visualizations

Results of 2 query in Pie Chart

motupaul

Hi All,

I am looking for pie chart which number success & Error events in the search. Below are my 2 query's.

Query 1 :- host = servername sourcetype=file index=index_prod "ERROR" | stats count
Query 2 :- host = servername sourcetype=file index=index_prod "Success" | stats count

Initially i though to extract the field, But the in the event "Error" & "Success" falls on different fields. Can some please suggestion an idea.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Chart this as a pie:

host = servername sourcetype=file index=index_prod ("ERROR" OR "SUCCESS") | eval class = if(searchmatch("ERROR"), "ERROR", "SUCCESS") | stats count by class

Combining the two searches will also give you a performance boost 🙂

Note, I've assumed that events containing both ERROR and SUCCESS will only be counted as ERROR.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

motupaul

Thank you very much

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Chart this as a pie:

host = servername sourcetype=file index=index_prod ("ERROR" OR "SUCCESS") | eval class = if(searchmatch("ERROR"), "ERROR", "SUCCESS") | stats count by class

Combining the two searches will also give you a performance boost 🙂

Note, I've assumed that events containing both ERROR and SUCCESS will only be counted as ERROR.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...