Dashboards & Visualizations

Not seeing option of edit under action

kml_uvce
Builder

After splunk 4.3 upgrade , I am not seeing option of edit under action in a dashboard...

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.3, you should be able to edit from a dashboard if you created it as Simple XML through the "Create Dashboard Panel". The new XML exditor with index/tab/color features is very useful.

This is a lot easier than pre-4.3.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In 4.3, you should be able to edit from a dashboard if you created it as Simple XML through the "Create Dashboard Panel". The new XML exditor with index/tab/color features is very useful.

This is a lot easier than pre-4.3.

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In your custom advanced XML will not get all of the feature available in the 4.3 - new Simple XML features. In 4.2.x you could see something you had in the advanced xml and now you cannot see it in 4.3, you should file a Support case and verify if it is a bug. Please keep in mind that Splunk does not support a custom XML views to fix the view basically. But, We do check if it is a general advanced XML bug we have to fix.

If you're using a custom module, it is possible that it is not compatible with 4.3.

0 Karma

kml_uvce
Builder

one more thing, this dashboard is in Advanced XML

0 Karma

kml_uvce
Builder

But I am not seeing "Create Dashboard Panel" in my view

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you explain a little more where exactly you had "edit" in a dashboard in 4.2.x?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...