Dashboards & Visualizations

Lookups\Add Data I am having problems....

simonafcbrown
Observer

Hello can you help I am not the most technical and I have signed up to the UAT of Splunk.

Logged on as a Administrator and built a dashboard simply form a CSV file use in the Add Data Functionality path of creating a dashboard.

So I have a LIVE environment and when I go to add data this is not available, I see I have to add data using a Lookup functionality?  I only want to create a dashboard based on a CSV that is it. 

I am little confused training one way and not having this functionality available to me in Live? 

I might be confused myself can you help. Do I need a lookup ?  Plus when I uploaded file I get this error via the Lookup method of the flat CSV file I want to use.  The File does not contain any invalid characters.  

I am little bit nervous about what I have to do and I am confused on how this system

Please Please can you help...

Encountered the following error while trying to save: Invalid name: only alphanumeric characters, '-', '_', and '.' are allowed. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...