Dashboards & Visualizations

Html output in splunk dashboard

balash1979
Path Finder

In my splunk dashboard, I want to call a webpage and display the output of the webpage in my dashboard.
When I go to the link, it displays a long text and I want to see the text in the dashboard. how can I accomplish this ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@balash1979 ,

Try using iframe

<dashboard>
       <label>URLs in Iframe</label>
       <row>
         <html>

<body>
             <iframe src="URL of your webpage" width="100%" height="300">
             </iframe>
           </body>
         </html>
       </row>
     </dashboard>

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/768900/drilldown-to-url-to-display-in-iframe.html#answer-769679

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

balash1979
Path Finder

From the browser, i am our hitting api. If the put the same url in splunk under the iframe src link, i get "refused to connect". Do i have to do anything special in the code above ?

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Most probably the URL you are trying to connect does not accept a connection from iFrame
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy

If it's owned by you, then probably you can adjust the settings and if not, you might need to index the data from API and visualize it

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

balash1979
Path Finder

It is owned by IT in my company. is indexing the data from API can be done in splunk code ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...