Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show the number of logins and time length logged in and create a graph to show a visualization?

schneiderjc

I'm new to splunk and I have 2 machines with forwarder pushing to my splunk computer. I want to know is it possible to show the number of logins and time length they are logged in. I want to put this is a graph if possible. I'm trying to show my boss that people are using these 2 computers.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

What kind of information are you putting into Splunk? is it Windows or Linux or...?
Are both logins and logouts recorded? Can you give an example of what each event looks like?

This sort of search is pretty easy to do, but the community needs a little more information in order to help you...

0 Karma

schneiderjc

using a windows environment. Logins are recorded can see them. However my boss wants to know how many people use these computers in a 7 day windows and how long they are used for.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

So could you identify logins/logouts using Windows Event Codes? (I am not a Windows person.) What event codes do you use for valid logins and logouts?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...