Dashboards & Visualizations

How to "fill in" transaction gaps in timeline

spamphile
Engager

I'm trying to create a visualization of web service activity. I thought the timeline would be a good representation of when services are up and down. Unfortunately, the logs I have to work with ping services every 15 minutes. So every 15 minutes, there's a log that states: <serviceName> is up: true OR <serviceName> is up:false

I was able to implement this query and get something back (last 60 minutes):

index=application_activity up | transaction startswith="*true" endswith="*false" by service | table _time service duration

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 4.39.28 PM.png

But of course because of the 15 minute time interval, it has huge gaps. How can I have these gaps filled in as long it as true the service is up, and only have gaps show when it is false? I'm also open to another recommendation for a visualization.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...