Dashboards & Visualizations

How to implement multi language support in custom dashboards?

Shahindoh
Explorer

Hi there,

I have created a dozen of statistics dashboard with search / filtering and drilldown for customers using a production voice platform.

Each of those dashboards includes multiple panels, each delivering 10+ metrics which are consistent in naming accross the different dashboards.

Just for the example there can be "Offered calls" "picked up calls" "lost calls" "waiting time"....etc.

Those reports are today in french with rename commands in the query so that it looks nice reading the data for the french users as the source is in english.

I'd like to have those dashboards to be available in other languages, so there is the basic option to clone all those reports and suffix their names with a language code but that would be tedious and would not offer some dynamic option for users to switch language.

I would like to have some dynamic option using a language input form or detecting language of the Splunk user so that all the fields / metrics used in those dashboard are being translated.

Basically have a translation table I could maintain while new fields / metrics are added and new language is required.

Is that something possible ?

I couldn't find the beginning of an idea of how to achieve this frankly.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...