Dashboards & Visualizations

How to hide/unhide detail panel in dashboard?

Keerthi
Path Finder

Hi All,
i am just struck at a point where when i select particular data in the pie chart , there is a detail information table created in another panel in tabular form. but i need that panel to hide and unhide when selected and cleared. as per  the screenshot there is no selection made in the pie chart so the detail panel at the bottom of the pie chart shouldn't be seen. it must be visible when there is selection made. kindly help!!!!!Keerthi_0-1686571202422.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming Classic dashboard, you can add a depends attribute to the row or panel

<row depends="$tokenname$")

In this way, the row is only visible while the token (tokenname) is defined. To hide the row, depending on how you have set the token, you may need to unset the token.

0 Karma

Keerthi
Path Finder

i am half way now 🙂 
now the panel hides before any selection is made and the panel displays only when there is any selection. But i am struck where the detail panel is not hiding when some other pie chart is clicked. 

Keerthi_0-1686573424242.png

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will have to modify the other pie charts so that they unset the token when they are clicked

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...