Dashboards & Visualizations

How to disable Time Picker, but add "From Date" and "To Date" inputs with time constraints to a dashboard?

ronak
Path Finder

Need

• Disable Time picker
  • Add two prompts From_Date and To_Date
  • Add constraints to these prompts for example, from_date cannot be more than (Today - 15 days), To_Date cannot be more than from_date+2 days etc..

What steps I need to follow to achieve this?

thanks, ronak

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Right, Please see below;

To disable time picker: Click edit -> Edit panels -> push the x next to the timepicker

To add prompts, which I believe you mean 2 input fields, you can use the form elements and set tokens, i.e. $fromdate$

To add constraints, you could use a number field, and set a maximum number of 15, or alternatively, use a drop-down with -1d, -2d, -3d etc.

Hope this is what you're looking for, if not leave a comment and I'll get back to you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...