Dashboards & Visualizations

How to change the navigation bar text color for all elements, not only dashboards?

olivier68

Hi,

I want to customize the navigation bar for my application. I managed to change the color by adding color="#ffffff" to the nav/default.xml
I also managed to change the text color in my dashboards with the folowing in dashboard.css

.app-bar .nav-pills>li>a {
    color: #225588;
}

My problem is that the text color only applies to dashboards. So if I am in search, for example, the default text color is applied with the background color configured in the nav element. This results in white text on a white background 😞
Is there a way to change the text color for all elements (search, pivot...) and not only dashboards?

Thanks in advance
Olivier

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

There is currently no way to customize the search page as it does not load any custom javaScript or CSS. You can only change the color of the navigation bar. I suspect that the same applies for Pivot and the other elements, as they have all been redesigned starting in Splunk 6.0

You can try creating an application.css and adding it to your app, along with the dashboard.css

This might help some, but it won't change the search page...

0 Karma

olivier68

Hi,

I've made some screenshot to illustrate:
When I'm in a dashboard everithing is fine
alt text

When I am in search, the blue fonc color get lost and nothing can be read (white font, white background)
alt text

Thanks
Olivier

0 Karma

olivier68

Hi,

does someone have a solution for this point?

thanks in advance
Olivier

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...