Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add tabs to studio dashboard?

maayan
Path Finder

Hi,

I found 2 previous tickets about this cases (https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/How-to-create-multiple-tabs-in-splunk-dash...)
I need to convert my dashboard to studio dashboard from classic (because customers weren't satisfied with the filters in the classic version),
i need to add tabs to my dashboard because i can't insert all charts in one page (too much charts and different topics)
How can I implement tabs? or maybe a workaround solution?
I don't want to create each tab as a different dashboard.

Thanks,
Maayan

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why not fix the issues with the filters in the classic dashboard? Studio is still behind when it comes to functionality, so fixing your issues with Classic might be the quickest way to give your users what they want.

0 Karma

maayan
Path Finder

Hi, I agree.
I moved to studio because someone recommended me:https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/How-to-improve-the-filter-input/m-p/668513...

I have already converted the dashboard and created a much more impressive visualization so i prefer to stay with the studio version but i have a problem because tabs are not supported.

Do you know about a workaround solution? 

thanks

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The problem with moving to Studio for just one feature is that it doesn't support all the features that are available in Classic (yet). You need to weigh up the pros and cons of each and decide what costs you are willing to pay for your choice.

Having said that, you may be able to do something in Classic with using the done handler for the inputs. Did you investigate that?

0 Karma

maayan
Path Finder

hi thanks.
i finally decided to create a dashboard for each tab until Splunk will develop tabs in Dashboard studio.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...