Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I configure Splunk to extract fields for data coming in via scripted into to produce a table on a dashboard?

muellernc
Engager

Dear Splunk-Community,

I loaded Hadoop events in the Following format into Splunk:
alt text

In the next step I would like to create a dashboard which displays those values in a table, something like this:

alt text

and so on.

I am stuck because Splunk won't recognize those event lines as searchable fields. Any ideas on how I can generate the table from the sample event?

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

If you are comfortable change transforms.conf & props.conf, you will need to add a field extraction rule to extract these fields at searchtime. Something like this in your transforms should do it

[your stanza]
REGEX = ([^:]+):(.*)
FORMAT = $1::$2

The other option is to achieve this from web ui (this may be easier with similar results). Here's a link on that http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Knowledge/Managefieldtransforms

Third option, is use the extract command in your search, like this

... | extract pairdelim="\n" kvdelim=":"

This would be my last option.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...