Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I add ICONS to a table in a Splunk dashboard?

darshana2511

I refered the example of Table Icon Set (Inline). But I do not have count function in my Query. I am attaching my query below.

index="ad_dns_new" sourcetype="resolve_json"|eval k=strptime(DateTime,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")|eval New_Date=strftime(k,"%d-%m-%Y") | table HealthCheck,Result,New_Date,Customer|chart values(Result) as Result over HealthCheck by New_Date

and I need Icons if result value is PASS then icon = 'check-circle' and if result value is Fail then icon='alert-circle'.

What changes do I need in my JavaScript file? I already made some changes, but it is not working. Please help me as I am new to Splunk.

0 Karma

darshana2511

I want to know what can I use instead of rangemap. as I do not have count function in my query.

0 Karma

darshana2511

Do you have any idea how to do it?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@darshana2511, what changes have you done in your JavaScript file? If possible please share code snippet for the changes (Mock/anonymize any sensitive information).

darshana2511

what should I use instead of rangemap in my query? as I do not have count function in my query.

0 Karma

darshana2511
var CustomIconRenderer = TableView.BaseCellRenderer.extend({
    canRender: function(cell) {
        return cell.field === 'Result';
    },
    render: function($td, cell) {
        var Result = cell.value;

// Compute the icon base on the field value
        var icon;
        if(Result == "Fail") {
            icon = 'alert-circle';
        } else if(Result == "PASS") {
            icon = 'check';
        } else {
            icon = 'alert';
        }

// Create the icon element and add it to the table cell
        $td.addClass('icon-inline numeric').html(_.template('<%- text %> <i class="icon-<%-icon%>"></i>', {
            icon: icon,
            text: cell.value
        }));
    }
});

mvc.Components.get('table1').getVisualization(function(tableView){
    // Register custom cell renderer, the table will re-render automatically
    tableView.addCellRenderer(new CustomIconRenderer());
});

});

0 Karma

msivill_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This blog post should provide some pointers for you https://www.splunk.com/blog/2014/03/17/custom-icons-in-splunk-6-tables.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...