eg:-

I have the list of countries in a file countries.txt

It has the following content

USA

Mexico

Canada

and i have a generic search like this

index=$country sourcetype=tweets earliest=-7d@d | timechart span=1d count

I need to lookup this file and since it has 3 entries my dashboard should have three panels(chart or table or single)

with corresponding searches

index=USA sourcetype=tweets earliest=-7d@d | timechart span=1d count

index=Mexico sourcetype=tweets earliest=-7d@d | timechart span=1d count

index=Canada sourcetype=tweets earliest=-7d@d | timechart span=1d count

Is this possible ? Please let me know if I am not clear enough.

Tags (2)

IT_Bullgod
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Instead of multiple panels, why not have a single panel? You can dynamically list each country as a series on a single chart - which is much cleaner. If there's 2 countries in the result, there's two series on the chart. If there's lots of results, use a limit so you see the top 10 or top 100. Enable drilldown so your user can dive into the specific country as needed.

0 Karma

hmahendrakumar
Path Finder

Yes. That would work if I have few countries with one or two metrics to show. But, in my case I have arnd 20 countries and more than 1 metric to show.I think I oversimplified my use case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...