Dashboards & Visualizations

Create Dashboard and show error code & count

rajiv_kumar
Path Finder

We need to create Dashboard. In dashboard, need to show Error code (001, 002, 003...) in X-axis and count() in Y-axis in 1 hr span.
Please suggest me if any idea.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rajiv_kumar
Path Finder

I am looking x-axis should have Error Code(The code generated by my log Ex: Error:00001, Error:00002 etc) and Y- axis should have count(How many error happend during some period of time)

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you have the field called "Error", and specify the time range at search time;

| stats count by Error

Or,

earliest=-1h@h latest=@h | stats count by Error

Or,

earliest=-1h@h latest=@h | chart count by Error

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you mean that X is time and Y is count, like a timechart example?

Assuming your event logs are like Splunk inernal web_access.log whih has status code, such as 200, 404 etc. The field name is called "status".

If you want to see the counts of each status code in timechart, and every 10 minutes time span for the past hour, please try the following query as an example.

index=_internal source="web_access.log" | timechart span=1h count by status

Try and show it in Report or Advanced Charting page. If the graph is what you are looking for, please save the search, create a dashboard from "Action" dropdown menue in Search page.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...