Dashboards & Visualizations

Chart like application management v2.0

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

Hi all,

In Application Management - Click Through Demo (PPT) - Sept 2012 by splunk in the CEO view we have a panel RT Transaction Volume.
The results of this are displayed in a rectangle that is in yellow colour and the value is displayed inside that rectangle box.

But if i use the .spl file of Application management i cannot see this coloured box in which results are displayed. I want to display results in such form in my dashboard as in Appl mngt pdf (CEO ). Is that an image? Can anybody help me on this.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Gilberto_Castil
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That piece is accomplished using a "single value" in combination with a "range map". I do not think the button itself is an option anymore.

For example, let's assume that you evaluate the volume of KB throughput in Splunk.

index=_internal group="per_sourcetype_thruput" earliest=-15m | stats sum(kbps) AS KBThroughput 

To figure out the range of that value based on your KPIs, you may follow with this:

... | rangemap field=KBThroughput low=0-20 elevated=21-40 high=41-60 default=severe

You put that in a dashboard pannel

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<dashboard>
  <label>sample single value + range - simple xml</label>
  <row>
    <single>
      <searchString>index=_internal group="per_sourcetype_thruput" earliest=-15m | stats sum(kbps) AS KBThroughput | rangemap field=KBThroughput low=0-20 elevated=21-40 high=41-60 default=severe</searchString>
      <title>sample single value + range</title>
      <option name="classField">range</option>
    </single>
  </row>
</dashboard>

Based on the calculated value, you will find the colour of the result will change to match the range you specified. You will probably see something like this:

alt text

Refer to the documentation for more details.

This is what the App Management Demo shows today:

alt text

View solution in original post

Gilberto_Castil
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That piece is accomplished using a "single value" in combination with a "range map". I do not think the button itself is an option anymore.

For example, let's assume that you evaluate the volume of KB throughput in Splunk.

index=_internal group="per_sourcetype_thruput" earliest=-15m | stats sum(kbps) AS KBThroughput 

To figure out the range of that value based on your KPIs, you may follow with this:

... | rangemap field=KBThroughput low=0-20 elevated=21-40 high=41-60 default=severe

You put that in a dashboard pannel

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<dashboard>
  <label>sample single value + range - simple xml</label>
  <row>
    <single>
      <searchString>index=_internal group="per_sourcetype_thruput" earliest=-15m | stats sum(kbps) AS KBThroughput | rangemap field=KBThroughput low=0-20 elevated=21-40 high=41-60 default=severe</searchString>
      <title>sample single value + range</title>
      <option name="classField">range</option>
    </single>
  </row>
</dashboard>

Based on the calculated value, you will find the colour of the result will change to match the range you specified. You will probably see something like this:

alt text

Refer to the documentation for more details.

This is what the App Management Demo shows today:

alt text

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

thank you gilberto now i came to know about it and got convinced with your answer.

0 Karma

Gilberto_Castil
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the past, the single value visualization used to present the content with a background button (the small, coloured rectable box). Today the visualization is such that the actual value is what changes in colour based on the range.

I do not know that you can get that button any more. Please see this note. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.2/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Single_value_pa...

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

hi gilberto thanks for the answer this partly solves my problem but what i need exactly is the background of 57.756875 should be in colour, where 57.756875 is inside the small coloured rectangle box.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...