Dashboards & Visualizations

After hitting a hyperlink can we bypass the username and password

Observer

In source code we give a link when we hit on it, it will take us to the url we have given.

My question is if that website asks for credentials can we bypass the credentials by storing them in source code if yes please give me the suggestions

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on the destination.  If it allows it then you may be able to include the credentials in the URL.  This is not secure, however, so not many web sites allow it in GET requests.  Splunk dashboards only support GETs.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Observer

Thanks,

Can you give the example please because in html as follows I see it allows to store the credentials and we can login directly without the login page.

<body onload="loginForm()">
    <form action="https://cdn.crunchify.com/wp-content/uploads/code/success.html" name="myform" method="post">
        <input type="text" name="email" value="myemail@crunchify.com">
        <input type="password" name="password" value="mypassw@rd">
        <input type="submit" value="Login">
    </form>

</body>

Can the same be happen in splunk panel If yes can you please modify the following example and send me please
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">http://gmail.com</link>
</drilldown>
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's no way (that I know of) to do that in Simple XML.  You can, however, convert your dashboard to HTML (be sure to save the original in Simple XML) and add your code to it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Observer

Can you please share the process of converting the xml to html briefly 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...