All Apps and Add-ons

why is there Splunk DB Connect error while configuring Oracle JDK?

TienCong
Engager

Hi guy

I'm installing DB Connect, when configuring I get this error:

TienCong_0-1692860899102.png

I got the JDK path according to the command: echo $JAVA_HOME. Is Oracle JDK error?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

here is link to supported JRE versions. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.14.0/DeployDBX/Prerequisites#Java_Runtime_Environment_.2... You should also check that selected JRE version works on your OS before try to use is on DBX.

I'm not sure how about JDK vs JRE? Anyhow you should use symbolic links to define used JRE. Otherwise this will be broken after you update your OS + JRE/JDK.

r. Ismo

TienCong
Engager

Hi

Looks like my problem is that Splunk DB Connect App is not compatible with Splunk Enterprise (I am using Splunk Enterprise version 8.0.7 but versions of Splunk DB Connect on splunkbase only support for Splunk Enterprise 8.1 and above)

where can i download Splunk DB Connect compatible installation of Splunk 8.0.7? Or is there any other way to make it compatible without updating splunk version?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could ask if splunk support can give it to you.
But you should plan to upgrade your splunk environment to something newer!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...